BLOGGER TEMPLATES + TUMBLR LAYOUTS + TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October :)

Well, It's 2am (my time) and I can't sleep. I'm wide awake and excited about the fact that October is here, whilst remembering all that this past month has held. I can't believe September is over, but I praise God that it is now a new month. Yay! As selfish as it sounds, I needed a new month. A fresh month without all the left-over changes, difficulties, and vast array of emotions that came with September.

I'm excited for this new month and all it will hold.

However, despite how much September felt like the never-ending month of pain, "meh-ness", and confusion, I wouldn't ask God to take it back; nor would I want to act as though it didn't matter or never happened. I've learned a lot this past month. A LOT. And through it all--the tears, the laughter, the awkwardness of change...etc. God has been with me, loving me faithfully day-by-day. I think He's been molding me into more of a "trust-er". He's teaching me how to trust in Him as my Promiser, rather than as just the One who promises me. His provision has been incredible, even though at times I've doubted He'd come through. In this past month, God has provided a laptop, a bed, a pillow, more clothes, a guitar, a job, internet, and more. All of these things I thought I desperately “needed”, God provided. Not because He had to, but because He wanted to out of graciousness, kindness, and love towards me. I feel so humbled. His love has been greater than anyone or anything could possibly be, even though I've admittedly looked for love elsewhere. 

Who or what can compare to the greatness of our God? None. No being. No thing.

 Thankfully, even though the days, months, and seasons will undoubtedly change around us, God will not. No matter how difficult a month may be, God in his "God-ness" will remain solid and true. True to His Word and true to His people. His love will continually be freeing, real, and amazing. Even in the "September's" of our lives--no, especially in the "September's of our lives--I believe God gives us the unique opportunity and privilege to most visibly see His hand upon us--upholding us, protecting, and providing for us as His beloved children.

Take heart (and I will try to do the same!) in the fact that the seasons are changing (whether for the good or the bad), but God is unchanging! He does not just give us promises, He IS the promise. He is the Promiser and He will move. 


So Embrace October, but be thankful for September. Leave the doubt, leave the fear, leave the pain, but embrace the lessons, the life, and the love that God revealed to you and blessed you with this past month. He is so worthy of all; therefore, all is all we can give.

Happy October :)

Love,
Rachel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment